Monday, August 22, 2011

Magical Eating


This is just a short guide on food. I love to eat. I love food and because of that, I thought I’d share a brief list of magical foods to eat on specific days for specific purposes. You are not limited to only eating these foods on these days. This is just a short guide to eating in a magical way.

SUNDAY‘s, among other things, is a good day to recharge physically and spiritually. Healing our bodies and our spirits is a good idea after a long week of working and dealing with the stresses of the world. My greatest advice for this day is that you try to maintain a strictly vegetarian diet on this day. Try to eat healthful foods that have not been processed in any way and stay away from meat all together. I usually just eat snacky kinds of foods I on this day. Sliced cucumbers, pineapple rings, watermelon, celery and carrot sticks are all apart of my Sunday diet. As Sunday is ruled by the sun, you might also like to devour a nice round orange.

MONDAY’s are ruled by the moon and as such, are my days for the Goddess. I like to eat things I can prepare in a large pot or sauce pan, all the while imagining that I am Cerridwen preparing a magical brew in my Cauldron of Inspiration. I’ll eat soups and stews on this magical day. I like eggs for breakfast for fertility. Apple crisp, avocadoes, bananas, cherries, yogurt, grapes, raspberries and plums also make it into my Monday diet.

TUESDAY’s are ruled by Mars the God of war, so I work on courage and strength. This is my big red meat day. My day to sink my teeth into something that once lived. My day as a warrior. I like to start off with pancakes in the morning with a side of bacon or sausage. At lunch I might have a nice juicy burger and to finish off the day- steak. Bringing out the inner warrior can help you handle any situation that can arise.

WEDNESDAY’s are ruled by Mercury, the messenger god. This is the day for travel, wisdom and communication. I like to start the day with a pomegranate and for lunch I’ll have some peaches and celery sticks. A nice salmon with dill sauce finishes off the day just right.

THURSDAY’s are ruled by Jupiter, the planet of abundance and the Norse God, Thor. I like to eat for prosperity on this day. A warm bow, of oatmeal to start the day out right moving through lunch with a big salad and ending up at supper time with a lovely eggplant lasagna with a side of 7 grain bread and pecan pie for dessert.

FRIDAY’s are ruled by Venus and this day, above all others, is the day we do spells and rituals for love. Fruit salads of any combination of the following fruits are appropriate: cherry, apple, mango, papaya, oranges, banana, peach, pineapple, raspberry and strawberry. Cinnamon toast and a giant glass of milk for breakfast hit’s the spot. Apple pie and chocolate ice cream are also wonderful additions to your day of love.

SATURDAY’s are ruled by Saturn the God of agriculture and the harvest. This is also a fine day to work protection magic. Anything with wheat and grains or gourd food is what’s on the menu. Spaghetti and garlic bread, pretzels, rice and corn with blueberry pie for dessert is a meal to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment