Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Power of Intent

Before using any herbs, stones or other tools in your ritual workings, they need to be cleansed and charged or empowered with the intent you want them to bring to the ritual. Hold the stone to be charged in the closed palm of your receptive hand. Ask the stone’s spirit for permission to charge it with your purpose. Place the stone in your power hand. Concentrate your purpose into your right hand and down into the stone. Thank the spirit of the stone. You can say something like, “Spirit of crystal, I empower you to help me clear my mind and find inner peace within when I become scattered and lost.”

When you are able to, it is always best to harvest your own herbs for ritual. Before you harvest, be sure to ask permission of the herb’s spirit. As you cut the herb, be sure to empower it by concentrating the purpose for the spell into the herb. You can verbalize this if you like. You can say something like, “Spirit of lavender, as I cut, know that it be not in vain. Know that I will use your essence to bless my altar so that I may better serve the Lord and Lady,” or words to that affect. If you purchase the herb, the same charging needs to take place. Remember to use herbs for magical purposes immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment