2 1/2 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free all purpose mix)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 cup milk (or almond, soy or rice milk flavored with vanilla)
Add in seeds of the season, don't use too many as it becomes clumpy and will not bake right.
2 teaspoon poppy seeds
2 tablespoon flax seed
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter an 8 inch round cake pan
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix all above together.
- Add seeds seeds and pour milk until batter is smooth and thick.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes
- Transfer to cooling rack and let finish cooling.